House Love

Happy post Halloween. I'm ready for the other Holidays to be here. Now that I have a child, holidays somehow seem more fun and magical!! I can't wait to decorate for Christmas!

I've been busy around the house. Little tweaks here and there to make the house look more lived in. The realization hit me the other day that we might be in this house for awhile. I have been treating this house as a temporary dwelling place, but in reality, this is our home and I need to love it up. It's hard because this is a house I would've never picked out if I was house shopping. I really dislike so many things about it and I miss my old cute house.
The other day it really struck me at how ungrateful and bitter I have been about this house. And that is just wrong. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, a wonderful husband and a healthy sweet little boy. So I am working on accepting what I have and being thankful everyday for this house.
Thank you to Pinterest for giving me so many ideas to help make my house into a home.

Here are a few things I've done around the house....

Homemade Banner and a Chalkboard made out of an old picture!




Photo Collage





Baking Nook




New Curtains and Pictures




Cute Kid in a Wig

Comments

Kristina P. said…
Our house looks like a bomb hit it now, so I can't wait until it's clean so I can start decorating!
joolee said…
Love it all!!! Nice work Sabrina! Adore the blue wall!!!!
i LOVE what you've done! the photo collage is my fave :)
jmt said…
Love the wig! And accepting what you have been given is extremely important. I came to that same realization about our home just a couple of years ago (when the 5 year "we are going to move" mark came and went). It's somehow more peaceful when you become okay with it. :)
Laurie said…
Love the Banner and chalk board! ~ Laurie

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House