What a Crock!

Yesterday, I needed to make something for dinner, but i needed to have it ready when I walked through the door. Enter ye ol' Crock-Pot or as my cousins' call it, "Vlach-Pot" (they can do so many fun things with their name!) Anyway, I was to a bring a meal over to a very lovely person named Heather. I met Heather through my cousin Kelly, and I instantly thought she was sweet and wonderful! Plus she has a great blog too! Heather also has her hands full with a 2 year old and a 5 month old, so I can only imagine how time-consuming that must be, hence me thinking, "oh gee, maybe she would like a meal delivered?" It's not delivery, it's sabrina! Ok, so I didn't have a lot of time to make a meal after work, so I thought the crock-pot might be the best option. I do get a little nervous leaving a hot, plugged-in item going all day, but I said a little prayer and hoped for the best. My prayer was answered, and when I walked into my place, the aroma of pot roast greeting me at the door, along with my cat, desperate for a little morsel of beef meat & fat! I made a ginger-snap pot roast and some Parmesan Orzo (thanks for the recipe Megan, delicious!) and then I scooted off to Heather's. Now, I have only seen pictures of Heather's kids, but in person both Miles and Asher are sweet and adorable. Miles is so smart and has the funniest things to say and Asher was all smiles and giggles! Heather's husband Ryan was great and has got me extremely interested in watching a show called Flight of the Conchords about some wacko New Zealand band. Can't wait to check it out! What a great little family Heather has got herself, and she's not half bad too! :)

Gingersnap Pot Roast

2 lbs beef chuck roast
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
8 gingersnaps, crumbled
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon beef bouillon, granules
1/8 teaspoon red peppers, ground
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & quartered
3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or 2 parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 bay leaf
Trim fat from roast. Cut if necessary to fit crock-pot.
In large skillet brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
In a small bowl combine water, gingersnaps, vinegar, bouillon, and red pepper.
In crock-pot, place potatoes, carrots or parsnips, and bay leaf. Place meat on top of vegetables.
Pour gingersnap mixture over meat.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours or high-heat setting for 5-6 hours.

Comments

The roast and orzo are to die for. So are you. Thanks again, lady! I'm so glad Kelly let me borrow you....

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House