Pasta Primavera & Homemade Pie

Another weekend come and gone. Yesterday I had a nice day of just taking things slow. I slept in and when I work up around 10:00am, I was hungry. So being on this pasta kick I decided to yet again make another pasta dish. However, I wanted to make it as healthy as possible so I made my own version of Pasta Primavera w\ shrimp. (the recipe will magically appear at the end of this post.) I also stopped over at the cousins so Kyle could change the fuel filter on my car and I could hang with Kelly, who is bummed about still being crippled. :(
I brought her a harvest bouquet of flowers and some Fiery Habanero Doritos. And if you haven't tried them, you must! you must! After kyle so kindly fixed my car we chilled and decided the Little Oven would be a great place to eat. Grilled cheese never tasted better. When we got back Kelly was on a pie baking mission... so together we made a delicious Pumpkin with Cinnamon Struessel Pie. But since it was for a friend, we didn't get to sample. But it sure did smell good, and very autumnal too!

Pasta Primavera with Shrimp
serves 2

1 cup of Whole Wheat Penne Pasta cooked
1 Tbls Olive Oil
1 Clove of garlic, minced
1 Tbls dried Oregano
1 Tbls dried Parsley
lots of crushed red pepper flakes (if you can handle it!)
1 cup shrimp, deveined
1 cup chopped Zucchini
1 cup chopped tomatoes (i used the kind in a can with basil)
salt\pepper to taste
grated parm cheese

Cook pasta according to package.
In a large saute pan. Heat olive oil and garlic until soft.
Add oregano, parsley, crushed red pepper, zucchini & shrimp.
Saute until zucchini is tender and shrimp is done.
Add tomatoes and cooked penne, until warm
Season with salt & pepper and grated parm cheese.
sprinkle more crushed red pepper flakes for extra butt kicking!

Comments

K and/or K said…
thanks for baking with me and the beautiful flowers! the pie was very well received by my girlfriend! and the doritos...ahhh...you MUST!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway