Beginnings and Endings...

I have a lot on my mind tonight. My purpose in doing this blog was primarily to write about my silly little life. Though not meaningless, my life is important in this world, although I am not famous nor have a done any acts of greatness or saved any ones life. I am just me, plain and simple, silly and all... So I've just been thinking about life in general. People, places, things... to everything there is a beginning and an end. And to everything there is a season. Good things happen in life, great things happen in life, but so do bad things and difficult things. There are immense joys and deep sorrows. People live, people even die, even though no one likes to think about that, let alone really talk about death, it still happens. So what is my purpose here? Is my life just one more life in the multitudes that have gone on before me, or will proceed me? I guess the question to ask myself is: Does my life matter? I really hope in some small way my life does matter, that i am here for a reason and a purpose. I may never do anything super great, and doubtfully will I ever be famous... but if I make a difference in even one person's life, is it worth it? I answer with a resounding, YES!

Emily Dickinson has this little poem that I think says it best:


"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain: If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again,I shall not live in vain."

Do the little things make a difference, I think so! I just hope I can be the woman who can say at the end of my life, that I did not live in vain, even if it was to make a difference in one person's life.
So I end my deep thoughts with one from Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
"There remains for us only the narrow way, often extremely difficult to find, of living every day as though it were our last, and yet living in faith and responsibility as though there were to be a great future."
Here's to a great future of a life less ordinary in small ways! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight I hung out with my friend Shannon aka Tweaker. I'm so glad that after all these years we have remained friends and have many good good memories between us! And it's awesome that time and distance has not diminished our silliness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House