My bloggy pal Christina at Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe, did a post about things she carries around with her. I love when people show what is in their purse. As women, we tend to carry the things we absolutely need on a daily basis. Some women are more organized and have just a few essentials. And then there are those of us who are more like Mary Poppins (I am the latter). So here is a look inside my bag.
- Purse. I got it at Target right after I had the baby. I wanted something that was big enough to hold all my stuff and lots of pockets for the baby's stuff.
- Sunglasses. I cannot be without sunglasses. My motto has been the bigger the better, but these ones are pretty tame compared to some of the ginormo ones I used to wear! The best place I find cheap sunglasses are TJMaxx and Target.
- Wallet. I used to have really big wallets but I found this one and it's made a huge difference. I got this one at Marshall's. It's great because it holds everything I need and yet, when I don't want to carry my purse somewhere I can just grab the wallet and go. (That's my cutie husband in his school picture! 8the Grade Math teachers are so hot!)
- Sequined Pouch. I got this from Sephora with some stuff I bought. I carry lots of essentials including way too many lip glosses (more on that later)
- Bath & Body Works Hand Creme. I have been wearing Warm Vanilla Sugar for years, and I like this because it goes on soft and makes my hands feel so much better.
- Rosebud Salve. I use this for everything! Lips, nails, hand creme, and diaper creme in a pinch. It's pure genius and it smells like lovely roses!
- Papaya Enzymes. The tin is from GNC, but when I ran out I just filled it with Papaya pills I have at home. My mom has been giving me these for tummy aches since I was a little girl. It's just a natural way to help my upset stomach. (like when I eat too much dairy! eeek!)
- Hair ties. With my long curly unruly hair, I need to get my crazy locks up and out of my face! I'm lost without them!
- A picture of my sweet baby boy. This one was from Christmas, but I just love his smile!
My purse has this awesome front zipper pocket that is perfect for holding some diaper essentials! I really dislike carrying a diaper bag with me, so if I don't have to carry one, even better! My baby pocket holds a couple of diapers, a little thing of wipes, burp cloth\changing pad and a Onesie and pair of socks for an emergency clothing change.
I admit I have a thing for lip gloss and lip products. I'm trying to get better, but somehow I just keep accumulating more! Stop the Insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The Aquaphor is great for both chapped lips and diaper rash!)
|This is so wrong! Help!|
- Erin Condren daily planner. I was fortunate to get a discount and I was able to buy the planner. This planner is AWESOME! Keeps me organized and on schedule. Plus it has lots of space to write out goals and ideas for my blog and home.
- Magazines. I love Bon Appetit because I love cooking and baking so much! I drool when I read this!
- Books. I love to read! So I like to have a book on me at all times. Not that I ever have any down time with the baby, but sometimes when I'm waiting at the doctor, dentist, DMV, etc., I like to be able to read. I am currently reading March by Geraldine Brooks. It's a fictional perspective of Mr. March (The father of the Little Women by Louisa May Alcott) during the Civil War. It's fascinating!
- Smart Phone. I recently jumped on the smart phone bandwagon. We would have never been able to do this, but my mom said we could be on her family plan. It was actually cheaper to get a smart phone with all the data, text and unlimited calls, then it would've been to have cheapy junky phones with no extras on our own plan. I really wanted an iPhone but TMobile doesn't carry them. But I like what I got (Galaxy S) and it works pretty swell. I got the cover for $2 on Amazon!
|A Minnesota Winter Must!!|