Final TWD ~ Thumbprint Cookies!

 

Thumbprint cookies (picture is from a previous baking session)


What is TWD you ask? Those of you have been reading my blog for years and years know that I used to bake alongside other cyber bakers in a weekly baking adventure. We are part of a group called Tuesdays with Dorie, an online baking club of sorts. For four years bloggers got together on Tuesdays and posted the weekly recipe out of Dorie Greenspan's book, Baking: From my Home to Yours. It was quite serendipitous that I had found this book at a thrift store and within the week found the Tuesday with Dorie baking group.
This past year I have not been doing much baking and TWD fell by the wayside... you know with getting married, getting pregnant and a new baby in a 9 month span.  
But when I was baking with TWD I truly enjoyed so many things about it! I made so many fun blog friends, where each week we would encourage each other with our successes, mishaps and sometimes total failures. 
For myself, I learned how to bake things I never thought possible, improving my skills and gaining insights into baking that I would've never learned otherwise. 
This is the final week of Tuesday with Dorie. And although I haven't contributed to TWD in awhile, it's bittersweet to see the group wind down. Dorie Greenspan even posted about the group coming to an end on her blog. I love what she said about our little group, "TWD is proof of the power of community and yes, of baking, of learning to make something with your own hands.  That you can share what you’ve made with those you love is another gift."
I can't tell you how heartfelt and true this is to me. Sharing what you have made with your own hands, whether in baking something or crafting or sewing is so much sweeter than anything store bought. 

Thanks for the fun memories and farewell to a wonderful group! 
Happy Baking! 


Comments

dorie said…
Sabrina -- it's been lovely having you along for so many sweet weeks. I hope that you'll continue to bake, particularly when your little guy can help you in the kitchen.
Kristina P. said…
Yum! I am always on the hunt for cookie exchange recipes. And then I get lazy and make chocolate crinkles every year. :)
Great post, Sabrina! Hope to bake with you via BWJ! :)
Hindy said…
Gorgeous cookies! I'm glad you got to bake this last time.
Peggy said…
It has been great baking along with you. Great looking cookies. Have a happy new year!
Jules Someone said…
Lovely cookies! So glad you baked along!
Unknown said…
Lovely thumbprints...very festive!

It's hard to keep baking when life gets in the way. I had a baby in the middle of TWD and I remember feeling like I was finally getting a grip on things when I could get a TWD recipe made and posted. It's been a fun few years, so I hope you'll join us with Baking with Julia!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House