(you know, throwing stuff at the screen right now is only hurting you and your screen. don't hate)
I had a fantabulous break... I did zero projects around my house... I loved every minute.
Here is the play by play:
- Celebrated Canada Day with Homemade T-Shirts, Cake and Teeth Blackener (in honor of the hockey players of course!)
- Spent a lovely day at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
- Went to COSTCO and a Nintendo Wii might have jumped into my cart and then into my car... sneaky little devils.
- Threw a 4th of July BBQ... complete with Fireworks! Vlach's ran off with some of hostas! (you can not turn your back on them for a second!)
- Went to the beach a few times, went to a pool, baked in the sun, did handstands in the water, cut my foot open... declined stitches.
- Got my hair cut and a pedicure... one must look cute in the summer time.
- Stalked a few MN Twins players at Baseball Unplugged... tried to act normal, failed gloriously!
- Went on an impromptu visit to Chicago to see my Aunt Sandy.
- Stopped by Best Buy and Dance Dance Revolution somehow ended up in my car??? How does this keep happening... subsequently I am officially addicted to DDR!!!
- Book Club followed by a night at the horse races. Go Sasha Fierce Go!!!
- Invited my girls from High School over... DDR anyone?
- A weekend of camping with my MN BFF Shannon. "We are the only ones left in the woods???!!!", Hiked the river bluffs, Met a giant
ratmouse and watched a house fall on Shannon.
- Another BBQ at my house with some faithful friends.
- Lovely lunch on the patio with my
creepywonderful co-workers... Grilled Steak with Corn Relish, Green Beans with Orange Beurre Blanc, Cavatappi Caprese Pasta Salad, Peach Sangria and Raspberry French Tart with some Dance Dance Revolution on the side!
- A local play by one of my favorite playwrights, Thornton Wilder... The Skin of Our Teeth. My co-worker's fiance was one of the leads. Well done!
July is indeed the best time of the year!