The best of times, the worst of times...

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Family time was really fun! No stress, just laughs and crazy family frivolity. My cousin Kelly tells some of it here.
Now the days before Christmas are fast upon us. Time to decorate and get ready for the blessed holiday!
But first i do have to get some not so happy stuff out of the way.
My car is dying... or is dead? It depends on if my dad wants to fix it or not, or can?... My old crappy Subaru that i actually really do love is coming to an end. boo hoo.
and
My beloved cat Marius is on his last legs, literally... since he is having trouble walking. I've had Mr. Marius now for 16 years and I'm already mourning the loss. But I think it might be time to say goodbye, his body just can't carry him around and his kidneys just don't function the same.
I know he is just a cat, but I do love him a lot. And I'm sad to eventually let him go. (cue the water works)

On the brighter side... Because of the car fiasco I've been able to spend a bit more time with my family and I am just thankful that they are there to help me when I need it. I am more blessed then I want to admit, because sometimes I just don't feel worthy of all the good things i currently have in my life. My life is cake compared to what so many people have to endure.

Has anyone thought about their New Years resolutions? Me neither... because I think they are silly. I just want to set some goals and stick to them. One being that I am going to start running again. I used to run, which means I used to be a runner (gasp)!
After a bad let down at a marathon involving a stress fracture and not being able to finish a race, I put running on the back burner. My goal is a 10k some time this spring. Wish me luck! The last time i ran a race was 6 years ago! eeeeeeeeeeeek!

Comments

jodilee0123 said…
There is no such thing as "just a cat". It is such a difficult thing to endure. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope the car thing works out. . . that may just be a new and lovely beginning too! I used to be a runner too--and desperately need to start again! At least follow through with our 20 minute rule. 20 minutes of exercise on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays. . . so far me and hubby are having a tough time just doing that! I have to agree with NIKE--just do it!
Shelby said…
I hope you can get your car fixed! It is sad about your kitty. It is never easy to let someone or something you love go!
Erin said…
I'm sorry about both your car and your cat. Good luck with the car, and mourn all you need to with Marius.
Kristina P. said…
I didn't realize Kelly was your cousin!

I'm sorry to hear about your cat and car. I haven't had a pet for many years, but it's sad when you realize they don't have much time left.
Sabrina said…
Jodi-THanks for the encouragement! I still want to come to one of your classes at the JCC!

Honey B and Erin- Thank you for your kind words!

Kristina-Yes indeed, Kelly is my cousin! Thank you for your sweet words too!
K and/or K said…
Kristina P jsut made a delicious discovery, no?

The Marius/Subaru double punch stinks. I am sad about both. They are such staples in your fab little life. Can a Chevy and a Shee-shan compare? Maybe. Time will tell.
Rachel said…
Oh Sabrine...that is so sad about Marius...he has been a part of your life for a long time now...he has been there with you through all of the ups and downs over the years...I am so sorry. I am thankful for your blog...which makes me feel like I am connecting with you many times a week...even if we don't have a chance to talk or catch up I still know what's going on with you...and I look forward to when you post. I am glad to hear you will run again! Maybe I will have to take a trip out to see you finish the race! Good incentive for both of us!
Poor Marius! Poor Subaru! Poor YOU! Sheesh, lots at one time. I'm sorry. It is so sad to lose a pet, it's not silly at all to need to grieve that!

Let me know if you need help with the car situation. I might know two guys who know a lot about cars.

Running! WOW. I'm always impressed by runners - get your groove on! :)
Flourchild said…
Sorry about your cat and car. I hope you week is good.
joolee said…
you'll have a place to stay if Grandma's is your race of choice:)
Danielle said…
Sorry to hear about your car and your cat. If both are not haivng a good time anymore maybe it is time to let them go as hard as that may be! Good luck!
Sorry about Mary!

About the running thing: start slow! Walk for a month, then walk/jog for a month, then jog/walk for a month, then jog, never run. And stretch!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House