The Tortoise and The Hare

I'm not really glad its Monday, because really my weekend was super busy and it flew by and now I'm back at work. Next weekend I am keeping it simple. maybe. After work on Friday my friend Tina Michelle Dolce stopped by at my job and dropped off some dvd's and then she went along with me to look at a house. The house that I put an offer on over a year ago was on the market again with the price drastically reduced. It was interesting to look at it again, but i wasn't feeling the same way i did about it a year ago. So afterwards Michelle and I sat in her car and talked about jobs and relationships and life in general.
Then later that night I went out with the lovely Ellen. We went to the Riverview Wine Bar and had a flight of some delicious wines and some steller pizza! We chatted for about 2 hours, lingering over our wine and having a few laughs about our boy crushes and all that fun stuff. After that we cruised Lake St. and ended up at Lunds. There I bought some Hamantachen, which is a Jewish Pastry filled with Poppy Seed Filling. My cousin Erin got me hooked on them last year when she was home this summer. After all that fun we headed home.
Saturday I was invited to a Pampered Chef\Lia-Sophia Jewelry Brunch at the home of my favorite co-worker Michele (different then Tina Michelle). Pampered Chef is my weakness! I go ga-ga for kitchen gadgets! I was good though and only bought Kitchen Sheers, A Pie Shield and Some Chipotle Rub. It was also fun chatting it up with some of my co-workers. They are some funny ladies!
Then I drove to Jordan to hang with Jaime and Cindy, Sans Shannon... and even cousin Kelly made the LONG trek down to chill with us. We watched S*x and the City, ate lots of treats, fed Jaime's horse, had delicious pot-roast and went to Moola's for a drinky.
And the girls discovered that i have a wicked quick re-call for dates and events. Apparently it is my freak-show gift or as my ex-boyfriend called them; carny gifts. Everyone has them, just weird random skills we have that other's don't. I can remember dates really well.
No big deal but Jaime and Cindy thought it was pretty hilarious to make fun of me. I cannot help that i am so cool. I don't even have to try that hard. NOT. ( I'm bringing that back by the way along with New Kids On The Block, that was me too BTW).
I crashed at Jaime's that night and her cat Oliver attacked my feet and drank my water. Naughty. Once we were all up we made breakfast and listened to new Jason Mraz... we are in love! and helped Jaime fill doggy treat bags. Cause she likes her doggy treats.

And then... I went and looked at more houses with my mom and my Realtor Melanie. We looked at some ok, some nice and some really GROSS homes. It's very sad that there are so many foreclosure homes out there. I mean you get a great deal, but at someone else's misfortune, which actually makes me a bit sad. However, I did find the perfect home for me. It's charming and cute, doesn't need a whole let of work, priced really really well... its perfect! AND the backyard has already been beautifully landscaped and therefore i can have a garden. Oh one other big thing, the garage is attached!!! No more schlepping my stuff from half way around the block. I will make an offer today or tomorrow. I like things to move slow. I am like molasses when it comes to big decisions. Some things I make quick decisions, but big life decisions Im slow slow slow like the tortoise. But let us not forget who won that race though!

But I'm ready for this. It is the right time and I'm thankful I waited until now. Now I need a nap.




Comments

Where is it? Send me the link! I LOVE house hunting! I never you knew you were so grown up?
jodilee0123 said…
Oooh! Good luck on the house!! That is so exciting!!
This house should probably be near my house. Super cool and totally rad. P.S. We still would love to see you, sorry I'm so slow to respond. We're here all week, like comedians...and we're funny too. NOT!
K and/or K said…
Crossing the river cuz? Well I approve in this case! We'll still come see you and use your new hot tub all the time! :-)
Best of luck on this whole transition. Kyle is for hire on the house projects (I say so). I hour work = 1 hour hot tubbing! Sound fair?
jodilee0123 said…
So, where is the house? You should move to Bloomington. . . Our city rocks! :0) And we have low taxes. . .
Bonnie said…
wow Sabrina! good luck on the house! when you get it, you are going to post pics, right? :)
where "across the river?"
are you keeping us in suspense on purpose??? I'm so curious, I want the link too!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House