MMMM.... Cod


I am one who needs to have some snacks at my desk to keep me going throughout the day. Sometimes I have almonds, or beef jerky or goldfish. Today I was in the protein bar isle at target and i saw these neat looking protein bars called Twisted. Four delicious layers... Pretzel, caramel, peanuts, and nougat, covered in a creamy chocolate coating. 15 grams of protein!! You can't beat that! I love me some protein! You didn't need to "Twist" my arm to buy these bars. As I am sitting at my desk around 2:00 and feeling the need to munch, I pull out my new handy dandy Twisted bar and went to town. I was pleasantly surprised at the taste, I mean it is a protein bar so they do add copious amounts of soy, which is not my favorite but I will eat it. So this is probably one of the better fake candy bars out there. And so I thought, "hmmm i wonder what is in this bad boy?" Well funny that you ask! Ingredient #1: Protein Blend (whey protein, soy protein, milk protein, basically protein on crack) Ingredient #2 Hydrolyzed Fish Gelatin (Cod)!!!!
What the? I am not kidding! They put fish jell-o in their bars! Grody to the Maxxx!!!!

Comments

K and/or K said…
PUKE! I was actually sold...until the mystery ingredient!
Anonymous said…
BFGFJ! BIG FAT GRODY FISH JELL-O!!
SHAN
Sabrina said…
All kidding aside, they really aren't that bad. THey just smell a little fishy. Just kidding! Or am I?
Bonnie said…
eeewww! i am convinced that cod jello has to be one of the main ingredients in a lot of korean food, though! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer