On Star to the Rescue!

I had this whole day planned out. Visions of early CUB foods shopping and thanksgiving cooking dancing in my head. I even woke up singing, "It's CUBalicious, I be over in the meat just looking for some fishes." ( I like fergie songs, with a twist)
It was going to be a great day, no work, just putzing around getting ready for tomorrow. But sometimes your best laid out plans just don't work out. Life is general can be a lot like that. You plan your course, set sail, head north and then a storm comes, spins you around and before you know it you're heading south. That definitely seems to be the theme in my life. But I tend to look at it like this, Ok maybe I had my heart set on North, but God must have something better for me in the South...
Today, I slept in until 8:30, and when you are used to getting up at 5:30... 8:30 is definitely sleeping in. I wanted to get to CUB early before the chaos began, and then set home to cook and spend the rest of my day relaxing. No such luck. I went out to my car and my battery was completely dead. So I thought, OK, I will just have to ask someone to give it a jump. And as I got out of my car, I noticed that my hood was slightly open. Then I had a sneaking suspicion that something was very wrong. I opened my hood and Viola, NO BATTERY! Well, someone stole my battery and that's the way the story goes. I filed a police report, but what more could i do? I wasn't going to stress, cause what good would that do, besides I figured someone would help me out. Enter ON STAR to the Rescue! Kelly graciously drove me to Walmart for a battery and then to CUB for the ingredients I needed. Later that night Kyle stopped by to help install the battery... and I was on my way. Them Vlachs, they are good people! Now all the food is made, the stuffing, cranberries and the turkey is dressed. It all just needs to be popped into the oven tomorrow. I am exhausted. I took a shower and soon I will sleep and sleep.
I was a bit down today for a moment, just sad because of my limitations. But I am thankful to God that he provides the means and takes good care of me. Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, and yes sir, that i am. Peace and Blessings!

Comments

K and/or K said…
whatcha gonna do with all that bird, all that bird, all that bird?

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway