Birthday & Slumber Party

Answer: NEVER!
What is: When are you too old to stop having slumber parties?
Saturday was a busy day of preparation for a fun evening with the girls. I spent the morning baking and decorating a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for Tabitha... I love baking cakes, and I love to decorate them, but the problem I have is that decorating a cake takes patience... which sometimes I lack! I hurriedly wrote "Happy Birthday Tabitha" on her cake, when I realized that I spelt Birthday: BIRDAY! UGH! So I had to clean up the mistake, wipe the palette clean and start fresh! Which funnily enough, often mirrors how my life works! Thank God that frosting is forgiving, which then i guess i should say that thank God, He is forgiving too!


Anyway, make the cake, get everything together, head over to Bonnie's and wait for Tabitha to arrive. We went all out on making this the most girly birthday she has ever had. We're talking, candles, bubble bath, bath salts, earrings, bathrobe, slipper... and a tiara that we made her wear all night. I love other people's birthdays!! What fun it is to celebrate someones arrival into life!

After that celebration we had over some of our girlfriends for an all out slumber party! Chick flix, smoothies, mud masque facials and lots of laughs. I had such a great time, and I hope we make this into a reoccurring tradition!

Next weekend I will be in Michigan with my BFF Rachel, with a slumber party of our own!

Happy 7th Anniversary to my wonderful cousins Kyle & Kelly! Way to go on 7 great years!!

Comments

K and/or K said…
hmmm...where i have seen that sofa? hmmm...

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer