Summer Solstice

Awww Summer is officially here! I love summer so much, it is my favorite season... July is my favorite month of all, and it is right around the corner. Louis Armstrong once sang, "You go to my head with a smile that makes my temperature rise, Like a summer with a thousand Julys." Oh to have a summer with a thousand Julys!! Oh what bliss!
Sadly there was a moment earlier this year when I began to dread the thought of summer. Probably because I was sad to enter it without the one person I always looked forward to doing summer with... but as time has passed and hearts begin to heal, I am very excited for the summer to begin! It doesn't hurt either that I have a job that gives me the entire month of July off... I am looking forward to reading, relaxing, traveling, sunning and swimming, art fairs and good friends... This is going to be the best summer yet!
To celebrate I am making two very unique cupcakes for an upcoming party:
Chocolate Cinnamon Chipotle Cupcakes and Mojito Cupcakes.... Yum! and Meow!

I must mention too, that last night Sarah stopped by and we walked over to John's Pizza. We had calzones and talked for quite awhile. I am beginning to see the deep power and value of friendship and long talks over meals. Being in a place where there is no rush or urgency but just the beauty of conversation. I think Europeans have it figured out, that eating a good meal with loved ones should never be done hastily. So often in American culture we go out to eat to just eat, but not so much to enjoy both food and friendship. I hope to always make time for long lingering meals...




“A man is not an orange. You can't eat the fruit and throw the peel away."
~Arthur Miller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer