Mom, Woman of Faith 4-13


Welcome back to "Mom: Woman of Faith".  Each Saturday a group of moms respond to a question essential to our lives as Christians and Mothers.  It is our hope that this series will spark reflection and growth for all those involved.  Please feel free to add your thoughts here or on facebook.  Thanks for being here, and for sharing in our journey as Christians and mothers.  We are always looking for more contributors!  Email nancy if interested.

This week's Question:
What is one of the most joyful moments you have had as a mother?

Nancy
Oh my.  I am having one of those days were it is a little difficult to answer this question!  We have been at my sister's house for the last three days.  My toddler has sat down and eaten just a handful of meals in that time, spending the rest of the time screaming, playing, screaming, playing...and then passing out only to wake up screaming again.  The baby has been sweet, but I keep feeling guilty that I am ignoring her because of my toddler's behavior.  Motherhood is a joy...I just didn't feel very much of that joy in the recent past.  I love my children.  I love my children...

So, if I can just take a breath, and relax, let's see if I can come up with a response to this question.

One of the things that comes to mind when I think of the joy of motherhood is my backyard.  My husband took a whopping 3 days off of work when baby #2 arrived (and a day and a half of that he spent working on the yard and the house).  So, I was alone with both kids for the first time when the baby was just a five days old.  Needless to say I was a little nervous that morning when my husband headed off to work.  But, as it turns out, the three of us had a wonderful day together.  We went to my usual Monday morning Bible study, had lunch (without any meltdowns) and then went and sat out on our deck.  Miraculously, even though it was November in Minnesota, it was a beautiful day.  My toddler ran around and I sat on the step holding the baby in a blanket.  The baby slept peacefully in my arms.  We all enjoyed the sunshine.  I was barefoot. 

That was a joyful, wonderful moment.   The pictures I snapped on my phone while I sat outside still make me feel that deep joy.  God knew that I needed that.  I needed to know that I could do this, be the mother of two, and that it was going to be so, so good.  And, even though the baby is only 5 months old, and even after the day I had, I'm excited for the next baby!

Sabrina
Obviously, my first response was the day both my boys were born. To hear their cries as they entered the world was the most magical & memorable moment for me as a mom. 
And since we had a rocky start with the early birth of Deacon, and then having to be away from Everett for several weeks was really tough. When we were finally all back together as a family, I think that was probably the most joyful moment yet. Looking in the backseat and seeing both my boys together brought a huge smile to my face and love in my heart as we pulled away from the hospital.
But sometimes it's really just the small things. The boys reaching certain milestones, cuddles before bed, hugs and kisses and laughter.  I love to put on music and dance with the boys and twirl them around and around. All those little moments really add up to some of the happiest and joy filled days as a mom.

Thank you for being a part of this week's Mom, Woman of Faith.  For next week's question click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House