Overheard in Media Center de Superfluous


Student: Library Lady, can you help me find a book?

Me: Sure, what book are you looking for?

Student: I'm looking for a book series about girls.

Me: Have you ever heard of the Baby Sitter's Club?

Student: No, what's it about?

Me: Oh are you in for treat! It's about these really cool girls who start a babysitting club and have all sorts of adventures and lots of cute boyfriends.

Student: Cool!


Next book series recommendation: Sweet Valley High!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sabrina you are amazing!! I am so stoked you recommended those books!
YES!!! I devoured that series. Then I got all mature and moved on to Jessica and Elizabeth. The coolest blonde twins EVER. :)
Anonymous said…
EEEEEK! I read every single one as fast as I could get back to my library when I was growing up. Aaaaahh; what terrific memories you brought back. The different handwriting from each sitter, the secret passage at Dawn's how Mary Ann wasn't allowed to say Yeah, OMG(oodness) I got ahead of myself there for a minute. Ahem. Thank you! Blessings, Whitney
I totally read every edition of The BSC series (including the ones where they were camp counselors and went on the cruise). I also totally loved BS Little Sister series... how awesome were those?

I'm so stoked that those are still in circulation and being recommended. I think I saw that Ann Martin still writes, she has a new series now, right?
sarah said…
I loved the babysitters club growing up. And I would sneak reading sweet valley high - my mom didn't approve. Good recommendations.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House