As fate would have it...

Never give the ONLY key to open something important to the girl who habitually loses her own keys. When I first started working at my job, I was given a set of keys. On that ring of keys was one small tiny key to the petty cash lock box.
They said to me, "You are the ONLY one with this key, no one else in the building has it. So it is up to you to guard it with your life."
All I could think was, Oh what joyous rapture to be the sole master of the "key".
Actually, all I could think of was:

a) I'm so going to lose this key
b) remember what happened to Enron

Let me just jump ahead, spare you the sordid details just to say that on the last day of school, I lost my keys. No where to be found. Kinda like John Mayer in his song Dreaming with a Broken Heart when he sings gone gone gone gone gone like 100x over and over and that is when you realize:
a) he really isn't that great of a song writer
b) I am so screwed!!!!

But as fate would have it, all was not lost. Apparently the desk that held the lock box, and the lock box that was bolted to the desk, went the way of the dumpster when they remodeled the Media Center. And thus no need for the "key".
And now the only important key that i need to keep track of is that ever elusive one to my heart.
That was so horrible, did i just write that?

Comments

K and/or K said…
did you notice 3 of your recent posts have featured the old a-b option trick we make fun of kyle for using? don't cross over to the dark side sabrina! don't do it! :-)
Sabrina said…
Blame it on Jen #1! Fricken road trip to Milawaukee. Had that not happened jiles would still be sitting in the corner at grandma's looking like a you know what that barbie called him.
It's like a sitcom. Yeah, John Mayer is no Mraz even though Perez calls Mraz "John Mayer Jr." You keep that heart locked up until someone earns key privaleges.
You're hilarious. Enron?
I could so point right at you right now!

Was there any petty cash still in the drawer they threw away? Maybe dumpster diving isn't such a bad idea?
jodilee0123 said…
I was wondering, too, if the petty cash was still in the box when it got thrown away--like a thief would really use a key anyway--can we say hammer? I am also an expert at picking locks (no, I wasn't ever a thief) it all started with wanting to read my sister's diary and went on from there! (A little police reserve training helped on that one--and many lost keys!)
*MARY* said…
I've never lost a key in my life. So you can give them to me, a complete bloggy stranger, and I'll keep them safe for you.
I was trying to come up with some whitty response about your heart being locked in a box, but that was too Edgar Allen Poe (or Nirvana). Alas, I've struck out today.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House