Backyard Love

It's almost patio season!!! The best part of my house hands down is my back yard and patio. This weekend the patio furniture will come out, big bulb lights will be strung from house to tree. The hammock will be hung, and I might even mow my grass for the first time since the fall.
Soon my lilacs will bloom, after that the hostas come back and the ferns too... Then in June i get the most beautiful Peonies! Everyday I bring bunches upon bunches into my house, to work, to my friends.
All winter long when the days grow colder and longer by the minute. When nothing but snow and ice cover every inch, I find solace in the fact that someday I will by out in my back yard, swaying in my hammock, reading books and then chasing after my cat. Breathing in peonies and roses, naps in the grass on shabby chic sheets. Lounging in my swim suit catching the rays, sipping cold water and hearing the distant mowing of lawns and chirping of birds. Having friends over, grilling, playing badminton and laughing and laughing.
Just thinking about this makes me so giddy.
I am blessed to be a homeowner.
Some days when things go bad around the house and I wish I had a landlord to call I remember that it is a dream of most people to own their own home. I did that.
Not everyone has a roof over their head. I have that.
So I am grateful and thankful for my little house and my beautiful yard. sans landlord.

(bliss)

Comments

danielle970 said…
My dream is to one day own a house with a gigantic wraparound deck. I heart outdoor living!!
Kristina P. said…
That looks simply divine.
Gracie said…
Loving peonies with you!! We even were blessed to find them in July for wedding bouquets. LOVE this time of year.
Laurie said…
I'm right there with you Sabrina, I love that in the summer our homes spill out into nature that surrounds them and if we get to call that little piece of earth our own we are most fortunate.
Unknown said…
Oh, I miss my backyard at our house. Since I'm renting this house, I'm not interested in landscaping it, so I have to deal with dirt, weeds and tumbleweed. It sucks. Thanks for checking on me. I had computer problems all week. So much that I went and bought a new monitor. And now I'm too lazy to blog...but I'll get back to it this week. Glad you made it back safely from your vacay!
The Blonde Duck said…
It sounds gorgeous! I always loved twinkle lights. Our backyard only has two tiny trees--I can't wait to get more for our next house! With flowers instead of cactus!

And your vacation sounds wonderful, btw!
very married said…
so jealous. this is one of my regrets about living in an apartment in the city...
Shannon said…
I miss your patio already!! We had so many good times out there. We still will of course...just a little more few and far between. Can you ship me some peonies when they bloom!??? Gorgeous!! :)
Love ya...miss ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House