☀Sunshine on my Face☀

Yesterday I was invited out on my friend's boat. We cruised around the lovely Lake Minnetonka. Just a bunch of girls enjoying the end of summer sun. I spent a lot of that time floating in the middle of the lake. Trying to be as still as I could, having the waves lap around me, the clouds float by and the glorious sun on my face.
Peace.
I thanked God for the beautiful day, for friends, for family, for life.
I thought of my Aunt Sandy. And I thanked God that he is healing her body.
I thought of Nie Nie, this beautiful lady I have never met, but I admire her strength so much.
Go Nie Nie!
I just had to smile at all the goodness that I was surrounded by.
Life can get difficult, sad, and painful...
But it can also be wonderful, abundant and full of grace.
and Laughter.
Thank God.


signature

Comments

Stephanie Faris said…
Life is full of ups and downs. One of my favorite quotes is: "Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene

Sounds like you're doing that well!
joolee said…
Amen! And that Nienie.....I tell ya.....she is something else:) Wow! What strength!
Loved this post.......I can just feel the waves lapping against me and the sun shining on my face:)
Kristina P. said…
I have been thinking a lot about Nienie, ever since she posted a picture of her new self. She's amazing!
cherie said…
i totally agree about life having its ups and downs. thank God for freinds....

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway