TWD~Rugelach


Rugelach? What is Rugelach? It is simply a Jewish pastry filled with all sorts of goodies. I really liked making this recipe the bestest so far. It is pretty simple to make, but easiest if you use a food processor to combine the dough. I made two different flavors of Rugelach. One with Black Berry Preserves and mini-chocolate chips. And the other ones have Currant preserves, walnuts and dried currants. They both came out tasting pretty spiffy. Officially I will find out tomorrow morning if they are any good when I pass them out to the lovely ladies in the front office. Not to be confused with the "lovely ladies" of Les Miserables the musical. I work at a school for goodness sakes!
Speaking of working at a school, this was overheard today in the Media Center:
boy student: Ms. Pam! Ms. Pam!
me: are you talking to me?
b.s.: yes, can you help me?
me: did you call me Ms. Pam because I remind you of Pam from the show The Office?!?!
b.s.: no, I thought your name was Pam!
me: Oh. No my name is Sabrina
b.s.: Well, can I still call you Ms. Pam?
me: You sure can!

Comments

Pam?

Well, it does sound an awful lot like Sabrina.
Jules Someone said…
Those look delicious! Hope they get a thumb's up.
Peggy said…
They look great. You did such a pretty job with them. So the dough was not difficult huh? I can't wait to try them. Now, we will all be calling you Ms. Pam!
chocolatechic said…
Great job.

Pam huh??

giggle
Shelby said…
They look delicious! I'm sure everyone will love them!
Anonymous said…
Ms. Pam! How funny. Your rugelach look delicious. The currant preserve sounds yummy.
AmyRuth said…
Love the office dialogue....too funny. Yea, you can call me Pam! Okay back to your Rugelach... Looks amazing. These are definitely better than a PBJ and I love that you can use all different kinds of sweet or savory fillings. Score! The "lovely ladies" will love them for sure.
AmyRuth
Beth said…
They look good! I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com
AmyRuth said…
Thanks so much for stopping by ....come by anytime. Pics are up now. I appreciate your kind words.
AmyRuth
The blackberry preserve version sounds scrumptious! Great job on these!
Yawle Pop said…
They look great! Oh, Pam....that's funny.

~doriann

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House