Thoughts on Sept. 11...


So I was just thinking about where i was on Sept. 11th. It's hard to believe that it's already been 6 years. That day I was out running around Lake Como, training for a marathon. It was such a peaceful morning, quiet, and eerily silent. Maybe everyone else knew what was happening, and I was oblivious? I believe I was in a fight with a friend, so I was probably thinking about that and all the ramifications. As I made my way home I had no idea what was going on outside my little world. I took a shower and as I was putting on my makeup in front of the TV, reports were coming in about a plane hitting the first Twin Tower. Looking back I really just thought it was a pilot error and felt bad for all the people that died. Then, I watched as the second plane hit the tower. At that point it hit me what was going on, and I even remember saying out loud, "I think this is on purpose". I don't know if I was really in shock or disbelief, but as I watched the News progress and everything unfold, I just felt a sadness and a sense of loss. I had class that day at NWC so I went to school and everyone had the same questions and fears. How could this happen? I think I eventually left school, called my mom and went home. The one person I was truly worried about was my best friend Rachel (different Rachel from Jr. High BFF Rachel). I knew that she was in Boston, but I didn't know if she flew out that day. Thankfully she had made it the day before; on her way home to care for her ailing grandfather. That night I had no desire to talk to anyone, but Rachel. And I find that when I am stressed or in need of solitude I get in my car and drive. So I drove and talked with Rachel and we both just talked until there was nothing more to say. Such sad times, but I think it's good to remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer