Harvest Moon

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, when my bed is nice and toasty and it's still dark out. I just want to cocoon myself in my blankets and sleep until the sun comes up. The upside of getting up so early, is that I can witness beautiful sunrises and like this morning a big beautiful pumpkin looking harvest moon! What a treat to view such beauty early in the morning, I guess it makes up for having to get up early. I love big glowing orange moons, the best one i ever saw was when I was living in New Hampshire... beautiful and bountiful rising over the white mountains. It's hard to believe that 10 years ago I moved to NH, basically on a whim, or maybe it was my 20 year old naivety? Now at 30, I am quite impressed with myself for making such a bold move. Moving to a new state, to a place i had never been to, and i didn't know a soul! Who does that? But I suppose at that age what did I have to lose? What I gained in a year of moving to a new place is irreplaceable, my boldness in going still amazes me. Given the opportunity now, I wonder if I could so easily pack up and move some place new? At 20 I had nothing more than my clothes and a few possessions, now I have way more than that. But at the same time, I hope I am never too "stuck" in one place that if the opportunity was given I wouldn't be able to jump on board. Change isn't easy, but it can be the best thing for you. Life is too short to just sit back and watch it all go by!

"Given a chance and a rock, see which one breaks a window, and see which one keeps me up all night and into the day." ~derek webb



Speaking of glorious New Hampshire, another blessing of that journey was the meeting of Rachel, by BFF... and I am most excited because last night I booked my ticket and come October 11, I am on my way to see her! It has almost been 2 years since I've last seen her, and that is 2 years too long! Charlsh & Platypus back together again.

Is is really autumn? Oh how i love the way the trees look these days... Here are some autumn scenes from NH. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Glitter House