Superfluous Explained


People keep asking me what 'superfluous' means and why it is the title of my blog.
Well first of all, Superfluous is my favorite word. And if I was ever on Inside the Actor's Studio, that would be my favorite word pick. Secondly, I used to not know how to pronounce superfluous, and I even looked like a total idiot trying to impress a guy with my expansive Russian Literature knowledge. (My favorite short story is called "First Love" by Ivan Turgenev, which can be found in the book, "Diary of a Superfuous Man").

Well of course I said Super-FlU-ous, when you should say: Su-Perfluous. Whatevs!
Here is the definition of Superfluous, which I guess if you read between the lines, you could say that is a definition of me. You tell me...

su·per·flu·ous –adjective
1.
being more than is sufficient or required; excessive.
2.
unnecessary or needless.
3.
Obsolete. possessing or spending more than enough or necessary; extravagant.

su·per·flu·ous·ly, adverb
su·per·flu·ous·ness, noun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer