Name Change

Yesterday I met up with Michelle (Tina) at Macy's Mpls, downtown store. We did some chattin' and shoe shoppin'... I found 2 pairs of shoes, but now I think I splurged too much and I think I might return them! Even though they were on clearance, I really am trying to be good with my money. Anyway, after shoe shopping, we went to Sawatdee in Uptown for our favorite meal, Jalapeno Wontons, Chicken Paid Thai and a bottle of wine. However, we noticed something slightly off about Sawatdee, it is no longer SAWATDEE!!! It now goes by Uptown Thai Chili. We tried not to freak out, so we asked a server and he said, that for some reason the owner of this Sawatdee is not affiliated with the other ones. But for years he kept the name until recently. The server assured us that everything was the same, same menu, food & chef. WHOOO WHEEE! I personally think that of all the Sawatdees in the Twin Cities, the Uptown one is the best. So I would've been sad if anything changed. I guess i can handle a name change.
Anyway, we enjoyed our meal and Michelle showed me pics of her recent trip to Israel\Palestine. Her boyfriend Ahmed, is Palestinian, so they went to visit his family in Jerusalem. Ahmed is a Jerusalem Palestinian, and the Palestinians in Jerusalem have a lot more rights and freedoms in Israel. Unlike the West Bank or Gaza Strip Palestinians, whom are pretty much stuck in their settlements. Michelle said it was very sad to see... I real eye-opener for her. She also showed me pics of her travels including a trip into Jordan's Petra (one of the new eight wonders of the world). Her pictures were amazing and beautiful! I hope to go travel there myself one day.

I have been aching to travel, it has been way too long since I've been on a big adventure! I really want to go to Uruguay. I read an article on it a couple of years ago and i fell in love with this country. Right now it is cheap to go there, because it is winter... who cares! Count me in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer