My go-to meal

This is the meal I make when I need to whip up something fast and delicious. The recipe calls for Shrimp & Scallops, but I have made it with just the Shrimp. I have also had this meal at
Pop! Restaurant, and they make it with Shrimp & Chorizo Sausage, and that tastes great too! Speaking of Pop! I once was there and ordered a bottle of wine, because the person I was with said they would have some too. Well they didn't have very much, I ended up drinking almost the whole bottle... I really don't remember too much after that, except we went to see I (heart) Huckabees and I do not remember one thing about that movie! But the funny thing is, is that I had to pretend that I wasn't completely trashed, because I didn't want the person who I was with to think I was a total spaz! Well we ended up dating for 2 years after that, so I must of hid my inebriation pretty well! Good memories... Ok, here's the recipe:



Shrimp and Scallop Stew with Israeli Couscous
Ingredients
Serves 4
2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, washed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)
1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded jalapeƱo pepper
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (carton tomatoes taste best, such as Pomi), with juice
2 cups Israeli couscous
1 cup dry white wine
3/4 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail section left on
3/4 pound sea scallops or large bay scallops, muscle removed
3 tablespoons fresh coarsely chopped cilantro leaves

Directions
Slice leeks in half lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
In a stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sautƩ, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add jalapenos, carrots, spices, and salt; lower heat to medium low, and cook until carrots are almost tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, couscous, wine, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to medium; until couscous is soft.
Stir in shrimp and scallops; cook until just opaque, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat, add cilantro.
Recipe by Martha Stewart, with adaptions by moi.

Comments

K and/or K said…
i've had this and it vlach's my face off! :-) mmmmmmmmm....

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway