Feasts A'Plenty...

Do you ever have one of those nights where it just isn't pleasant? You just feel off and nothing seems right in your life. And as you go to bed, you think "Tomorrow has got to be better than this, Please let it be better than this." Well Friday night was like that for me. I won't go into details, but let's just say it wasn't the most happiest nights of my life. Thank God for fresh starts in the morning. I've come to believe that 99.97% of my woes can be solved with just a simple nights sleep. Funny how perspectives can change in a 7-8 hour time frame.
Saturday I woke up and headed out to Here's Life Inner City. It is a program that was set-up to bring food and a message of God's love to people on major holidays. "Boxes of Love" are put together with a complete Thanksgiving meal for a family. A group of my friends and I went to volunteer there for the morning. We had a great morning, getting the boxes ready and making bracelets. The bracelets share the gospel message of how God loves us, through different color beads. Here is the website link to Here's Life Inner City to read more about what they do: http://www.hlictwincities.org/index.cfm

While we were there, Sarah brought along her friend Karrie. Karrie and I used to go to college together in Rochester, 11 years ago! It was so fun to catch up with Karrie. She is just as sweet as she was when we were in school. It is so cool to get re-connected from friends from ages ago. I am amazed at all the people I have been meeting and getting re-acquainted with this year. It is a blessing to have so many amazing people in my life! After we finished making boxes, we headed over to Sarah, Ellen's and Stacy's home to eat a delicious chili lunch! Sarah went all out, cooking the night before for all of us. A few more people came over and we had a little party. The chili was spicy and delicious, and all the other food was amazing too. I ate until i just couldn't eat anymore. I didn't have my camera or I would've taken pictures! I always say, few things could be better than good food and good friends!

And if that wasn't enough food and friends for the day, I went home to get ready for another fabulous meal. My cousin Kelly put together a dinner party, with a friends theme. She invited 3 friends, Heather, Tabitha(Kelly's Tabitha; I have to clarify because people always get that confused, cause I have a Tabitha too) and myself and in turn we were to invite a friend. Kelly invited Toni, Tabitha invited Crystal, Heather invited Lana, and I invited Ellen. So 8 lovely ladies enjoyed good, NO, AMAZING food and conversation. Her house looked beautiful as always, and her table setting was tre chic! Kelly will explain all the names and recipes of her meals on her blog, but here are a few pictures of the courses:



When I left last night, I made my way home and got ready for bed, and as I climbed into bed, I said my prayers... and I thanked God not only for delicious food and amazing friends, but that today was indeed a better day, and oh how truly blessed I am!

And on a completely different note that has nothing to do with blessings... I hardly get chances to dress up for parties. So because I was invited by Kelly to her chic dinner party, I decided to wear my best Blair outfit from the show Gossip Girl, a new favorite of Kelly's. If you haven't seen or heard of Gossip Girl, it is a show about young people living the glamorous life in New York's Upper East Side. One of the main characters is Blair Waldorf and she is very glam-preppy. She can usually be seen wearing cute dresses and her signature headband. This show is total smut, but the clothes are great to look at... So I put together my own version of a Blair outfit just for Kelly! And as Nothing But Bonfires does with her outfits, she always says where she got the piece of clothing or accessories. Like her, my clothes are very inexpensive, so what if they don't have New York's Upper East Side prices, better yet, they have St. Paul's Upper East Side style!

Dress: Target, Sweater: Sears, Shoes & Headband: Walmart, Clutch Purse: Thrift Store.


Comments

Oh, I want to eat it all again after seeing the photos! So nice to see you in person last night, Sabrina! Lana and I talked all the way home about how great the experience was. Part of that was discussing how genuine your smile is and how completely sweet you are! Kelly is a rock star, man. The night was perfect. can't wait to see her blog too.
K and/or K said…
thanks for treating ME to an evening with YOU and your hot outfit too! glad you enjoyed everything--it's so fun to cook for friends!! also thanks for bringing ellen, she is a delight!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer