Highlights, Million $ Homes and BFF Wedding.


the girls + one

It is only Saturday night, but I feel like this is the weekend that never ends. On Friday, I went out to meet with Jaime and help highlight her hair. She pretty much had a system going and since i am not one for math, I couldn't keep her "every 3" pattern going. But somehow we managed to get her hair highlighted and looking beautiful! I am really disappointed that i didn't take more pics on Friday night, because it was really fun. After the highlighting episode, Jaime and i headed out to where Shannon works, as she was finishing her night at the golf course\restaurant. The three of us enjoyed a few drinks along with some snacks and talked for awhile until Cindy & Heather showed up. I hadn't seen Heather since we graduated high school over 12 years ago. It was great to see her, and she now has two beautiful children. Since we were already in Watertown the five of us now made our way to Riverside Bar and enjoyed quite a few laughs. I love a good girls night out! The highlight of the night was Shannon's outward disgust of the guys that walked in...ugghhh! And the the five of us having our own Sex in the City conversation. IF you have ever seen SITC, you know that Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda can have some pretty frank & explicit conversations about men & relationships, and that is just what we did; minus the Manolo Blahniks and swanky restaurants. We ended up staying at Riverside until they closed and then we all went our separate ways. I went back with Jaime and crashed until....





I got up this morning and went to my parent's house to spend the day with my mom. While I was waiting for her, I walked around the farm and took some pics...



Her birthday is tomorrow, but she wanted to go look at the Parade of Homes houses today. So we went around Orono and Minnetrista and looked at some very beautiful homes on Lake Minnetonka. I fell in love with the large kitchens and granite counter tops! Oh how very lovely!


After the Parade of Homes we went to eat and then we went to a wedding reception. My best friend Rachel from 5th Grade until 10th Grade was getting married. And although I do not see her all that often, she works at the restaurant my parents patron quite a bit. So they were invited to the reception and since I was home I went along. Which actually I was thinking about it on my drive home that Rachel and I met 20 years ago this week! We both were in Mr. Handgartner's 5th grade class back in 1987. She was new that year, and I remember thinking the minute that she walked into the room that she would be my best friend! And sure enough, that is exactly what happened. Rachel moved to a different school in 10th grade, and we lost touch for awhile. But its great to see her happy and doing well now. Here's to friends, old & new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Clothespin Wreath

TWD - Cranberry Upside-Downer

Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway