Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sledding on a Sunday

I'm getting a little behind on my life updates. This past Sunday my mom called me and left me a message saying, "You've got to come out to the house! We are hitchin' up the Jumbo Sled to the 4-Wheeler!" You didn't have to twist my arm. So I headed out to good ol' Lake Ridge Ranch and was ready to do some jumbo sledding. I call it the jumbo sled, because it is literally a ginormous jumbo sled. My dad uses it to haul hay bails around with the 4-wheeler in the winter or else he would just use the bob-cat. Anywhoo... My mom and my brother Buddy, and 2 friends of the family Becky-Shelly (we call them that, because they are always together and are pretty much the same person) and I went for a few spins on Jumbo. My dad whipped us around, down the road and into the fields. We were all screaming and laughing and having a gay ol' time. We had a snowball fight and then we built a snowman. It was a beautiful day for the beginning of January so we really took advantage of the weather. Later I curled up on my parent's couch and watched Evan Almighty with my bro. Despite the poor reviews, I really liked it. It was deep! Well it was in a way, like when Morgan Freeman (God) says to Evan's wife,
"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

That is the Truth man!! Anyway, that was my day at home. It was wonderful.

I got an early birthday present too... another set of my signature dishes from Target. Now I have a set of 8 plates instead of 4, which means more people can be invited over for the next dinner party. Hurray!

3 comments :

...sensible of shoe said...

I LOVE those dishes! I may need to borrow for my Black & White party (remember that from Laguna Beach?)

Sabrina said...

You totally can borrow them. I remember the B\W party. Didn't Kristen show up with Stephen and LC had a hissy fit? Oh wait that is every moment of LC's life! :)

...sensible of shoe said...

Yes! I heard KC is coming back on to The Hills to stir up dramaz...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...